This faucet is quite old, and I need to replace the cartridge, but I don't know the brand. Also is there an interchangeable cartridgeenter image description here?Here are some pics

  • That probably is not a cartridge. It is a faucet stem and has a rubber washer that can be replaced. To be sure turn off the water and remove it by unscrewing the hex on the shaft.
    – RMDman
    Commented Apr 14 at 0:09
  • Is all that black stuff around the kitchen sink mold? Where is this? Commented Apr 14 at 4:41

1 Answer 1


Grohe really old but it's Grohe

  • Thanks for the info on Grohe. I thought that was the case. I appreciate it.
    – Tom
    Commented Apr 15 at 4:15
  • RMDman, well shoot. I think you are right! I will check it out. Thanks for giving me a way forward! I am obviously not a pro, just trying to fix some stuff and you are great for pointing me in the right direction.
    – Tom
    Commented Apr 15 at 4:17
  • End Hate--This is from the kitchen of an old rental, so yes, it is sink mold. I think I will be learning about stripping and caulking soon :-).
    – Tom
    Commented Apr 15 at 4:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.