We have a SpaceSaver (Model number: SS012SEB15), single-element 120v/1500w hot water heater which worked great until one day it went completely cold.
- First thing was I tested the voltage to the unit. It tested fine (120v).
- Next - did continuity test on the element and that tested good.
- Did voltage test going into, and, coming out of, the thermostat, and that tested good.
- Replaced element and thermostat anyway, still didn't work. (yes, I made sure to allow the tank to fill up, and the air to drain before turning on the power again)
- Double checked the thermostat's reset button, still no go.
What do I check next? I am totally frustrated and lost at this point, but I don't want to shell out for a new tank since ours is not leaking or anything.