Received a new fridge and it looks like it has the same adapter end as my existing water line. What's the best method for connecting the two?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


Unscrew the male-male coupling from your existing water line and the line from the fridge should then screw right in: enter image description here

  • 1
    That did the trick. Feb 17 at 0:57
  • 3
    @grephappiness Welcome! When someone posts a quality answer that answers your question, you can click the checkmark next to the answer to mark it as "Accepted" to signify that you question has been successfully answered. Thanks, and again, welcome! Feb 17 at 17:52
  • 3
    Had both line ends actually been male, a female-female coupling would've been the answer. Typically these supply lines use 3/8" fittings, but ymmv.
    – brichins
    Feb 18 at 8:35
  • 1
    @end-anti-semitic-hate thank you! I was looking for how to accept the answer before but did not see the checkmark. Feb 18 at 23:17
  • @grephappiness You're most welcome. That was my guess. It's certainly not obvious to many new community members, so you're in good company! Feb 19 at 6:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.