My kitchen has a stone backsplash and granite countertops. In some places there is a gap between the two, as illustrated below.

enter image description here

I would like to seal this gap to prevent moisture from getting behind the wall. Is a silcone-based kitchen caulk appropriate for this application? This backsplash was put in by the previous owner of the home and I am unfamiliar with the techniques and tools used to seal it. The areas that have no gap appear to have some sort of stone seal, like this:

enter image description here

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 Answer 1


It looks like a sanded caulk. The big box stores have these in their tile areas. I would find something that matches your backsplash grout.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.