I am starting the process of having an extension on my house, and getting close to signing an agreement with an architect to have drawings done.

The architect would like to use SFA99 as the contract between us, however a cursory Google suggests that RIBA 2010 supersedes it. I can't compare the difference between the two as the documents are locked behind paywalls.

Should I care? What's the difference?

  • I can't comment about architect contracts, as my experience is with the JCT construction contracts. However, it certainly isn't uncommon for superceded contracts to be in use after their replacement is published. People tend to use what they are comfortable with.Ask the architect for a copy of the contract and have a read of it. If you're happy with it, sign away. – John Jun 20 '13 at 12:30
  • Questions on contracts and contractors are explicitly off topic – Chris Cudmore Jun 20 '13 at 12:34
  • I've flagged as off-topic – BenLanc Jun 20 '13 at 13:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.