I have a 2gang box with a single pole switch and a 3way switch.
I am trying to figure out if it is possible with the current wiring to remove the single pole, and control both lights from the existing 3way switches.
I've attached a diagram of the setup, but will outline it as well. I'm labeling these with 12/3a and 12/3b to indicate which length of wire we're dealing with (I don't know better formatting but feel free to let me know).
- Hot enters LightBox#1 as 12/2.
- Hot Black 12/2 jumps directly to Black 12/3a that leaves the box.
- 12/3a inside Lightbox#1 connects the Red wire and white wire to the light fixture
- 12/3a runs from LB#1 to 2gang box, feeding hot into the box on black
- 12/3a black pigtails to provide hot to single pole switch and 3 way switch
- Single pole gets hot pigtail and 12/3a's red wire
- 3-way switch gets hot pigtail and runs 12/3b to single gang box with 3-way switch
- 3-way switch gets 12/3b's black and red, and connects 12/2 that runs to LightBox#2
Both switches are receiving power from the same line into the 2gang box.
I've reviewed various wiring diagrams online and on these forums, but nothing that let me figure if I could do what I'm trying.
So is there a way without running new line, to get both lights running on the 3-way switches . And both would need to be on together, or off together, not alternating.