The cause ending up being the tape around the two 110v wires had broken and the two "terminals" (sorry don't know correct terminology) were making contact.
The recessed lighting in my kitchen occasionally flicker but today it was a bit more severe.
A few times the lights flickered but then I would lose power in both the living and dining room. But the power would always turn back on after a couple seconds.
I attempted to turn on the dryer and lost power for about a split second in both rooms but they only stayed off momentarily.
I don't think it's an issue of an overloaded circuit because the breaker didn't completely trip. Not sure if it's related but today was a bit rainy and windy.
Anyone know what I should do from here? I know nothing about electrical. Should I call the power company or an electrician? What should I ask them to look at?