A year ago, we bought a house, and, with the house, we were handed a small, three-button clicker. Something like this (but with no labels on the buttons) The Clicker

The first button turns on/off a series of lights in the kitchen. The second button turns on/off several lights in the garden. And the third button causes a click sound in the ceiling above the dining area. So, I gathered it's a yet-unused button.

When I inspected the hole with the clicking sound, I saw there was this device. The Device The Device

I was wondering where should I look to hook up a new lightbulb or a new standing lamp, etc. (or if there are any suitable light fixtures for it. I have no idea where to look for.)

  • Is that actuator actually wired to anything? I think the wires are supposed to be inserted into the N/L/A1 holes, so it looks like a "no."
    – Huesmann
    Nov 20 at 13:55
  • So, should something like a receiver/transmitter be wired to those holes?
    – Umut C.
    Nov 20 at 14:06
  • IDK, maybe your German is better than mine. partner.gira.de/data3/54231310.pdf
    – Huesmann
    Nov 20 at 20:09


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.