I am trying to unscrew the connector for the sink drain stopper, but a piece of plastic is in the way. I am not sure how they got it on the first place with this plastic in the way.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


I don't think there's anything to unscrew. This looks like a spring-fit clamp that you'd simply flex off its locking tabs.

There's no water pressure on these ball seals, so it doesn't take much to keep them from leaking.

  • Thank you for your help and time! I am trying to pull/push it off, and it just will not move. I am not getting any flex. Should I just brute force it off?
    – Joe
    Nov 14, 2023 at 22:44
  • I figured it out. Thanks!
    – Joe
    Nov 14, 2023 at 23:32
  • 3
    It would be super helpful to the next @Joe who comes along if you would be so kind as to post what you did. If I've run into the same problem, reading "never mind, I figured it out" isn't very helpful... Heck, you could even post your own answer in the "Your Answer" box and earn a few magical interwebz points redeemable for unicorns and rainbows!
    – FreeMan
    Nov 15, 2023 at 0:38
  • Did it involve a tiny silver-colored screw visible on top of the fitting, perhaps?
    – Ecnerwal
    Nov 15, 2023 at 14:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.