Whenever my neighbor runs their air conditioner for an extended period, my room, which shares a concrete wall with theirs, experiences condensation issues (my wall starts to 'sweat'). After investigation, it appears that the concrete walls in the entire building are too thin, causing a temperature contrast between the cold air on their side and the warm air on mine.
Contractor's Idea: So, this contractor suggests doing this in both sides of the concrete wall
- Scraping off the current stucco on the walls.
- Washing the walls with bleach.
- Applying three layers of wall waterproofing, with a 24-hour interval between each layer.
- Applying at least three layers of plastic stucco.
- Sanding the walls and preparing them for paint.
- Applying paint.
They say it'll take about a week.
Wondering if you guys have dealt with this or have thoughts on the plan. Does the idea sound legit? Any tips would be gold.
Thanks a bunch!!!