I'm looking to cover a wall with a seamless edge-to-edge moss art piece like this:

Moss Wall

This will be on an interior wall which I believe is plain drywall (any way to check it's not solid/concrete?), somewhat like the wall on the right in this hallway:


To avoid too much damage or difficulty removing from the wall, I was imagining getting thin plywood panels like this and attaching them to the wall and then gluing the moss to the plywood panels. I assume Home Depot can help me cut the panels to dimensions I need.

Is this a good method for accomplishing this? What's the best way to attach the panels to the wall? Can I use a nail gun or staple gun or do I need drywall anchors and screws?

  • @crip659, answers go down there.
    – isherwood
    Nov 7, 2023 at 20:52
  • John, you're asking several questions here, one of which is highly subjective. Please take the tour and see if you can revise to ask one specific question.
    – isherwood
    Nov 7, 2023 at 20:53
  • That first example is either preserved moss or fake moss. Came from articulturedesigns.com/preserved-faux-plant-walls
    – KMJ
    Nov 7, 2023 at 23:14

1 Answer 1


Good chance it is drywall. To check just need a pin/nail/screw, and push. If it goes in it is drywall.

Find where the studs, use a stud finder, are in the wall(every ~16 inches) and use nails/screws to hold the panels(smaller holes).

Do not know if a big box store will cut to size, a real lumber store maybe, but thin plywood not hard to cut yourself with hand or power saws.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.