I’d love to learn how to identify type and color so I can buy some matching repair pieces

enter image description here enter image description here

  • It can't be just sanded and refinished? The damage doesn't look too deep.
    – RMDman
    Nov 2, 2023 at 20:28
  • I bet they need to fill in a hole.
    – KMJ
    Nov 2, 2023 at 20:40
  • Yep! Need to fill a huge space near a wall where there’s just subfloor
    – ohnoitsyo
    Nov 2, 2023 at 20:43
  • Identifying wood from a picture is tough enough that it's off-topic at Woodworking...
    – FreeMan
    Nov 2, 2023 at 20:59

1 Answer 1


It looks like vertical grain Douglas Fir to me.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.