I would like to mount something on my doors, so they can't slam shut when the wind catches them. When I search for "door stoppers" I never get such.

I have only been able to find on company that makes such "Arte Viva", but surely they can't be the only ones.

Does anyone know what such really are called?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


For cabinets, those are soft close stops or dampers. Try the same for entry doors.

  • Yep. Door soft close damper.
    – Huesmann
    Commented Oct 21, 2023 at 11:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.