I'm trying to replace a leaking 30-year old tub spout with diverter. The interior has a 1 1/4 inch diameter plastic threaded female insert. Any thoughts on brand, availability appreciated.

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Much thanks to all that are helping me. I appreciate it ! - Steve
    – steve
    Oct 2, 2023 at 15:31
  • Welcome to Home Improvement. If you'll take the tour, you'll note that the proper way to say "thanks" is to up vote any and all answers that help you and give a check mark to the one that helped the most. Generally recommended to give it 24 to 48 hours for several answers to come in. Additionally, I'd imagine that the threads are pretty standard, so just about any replacement spout should fit, if you're only replacing the spout itself.
    – FreeMan
    Oct 2, 2023 at 15:41

1 Answer 1


It's almost certainly a Delta. I don't think any other brands used that type of tabbed two screw wall mount. Plus, delta commonly has squared sharper edged on the wall side of the spout. As for availability, I may be able to give you a better idea on that and replacement model if you can share a side and bottom view of the spout.

  • That spout is missing a piece. Those large threads accommodate another part that it threads onto (the part that attaches to the wall pipe), to provide adjustability for working with various length wall pipes. Sep 30, 2023 at 18:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.