My apartment complex recently replaced the disposal in my kitchen that was leaking from the power cord due to a cracked seal. They left the wires of the power cord that attach to the disposal exposed and I’m worried it may be a fire hazard.
It's certainly an electrical code violation, and electrical code is about both fire and shock prevention.
If the building's head of maintenance doesn't immediately get this corrected, send the picture along to the local inspection authority.
Mind you, a landlord having electrical work done by anyone other than a licensed electrician is also a violation, at least in the USA. And if a licensed electrician did that, their license should be under review by their licensing board so I imagine it wasn't actually done by one. Some places do grant plumbers limited electrical licenses for plumbing related electricity, but if they did this, again, they should be hauled on the carpet in front of a board with the authority to revoke that license.