The weather stripping on the metal door into my workshop has deteriorated and I’d like to replace it. It looks like there are two pieces that slide into a track but I’ve not been able to find it at any hardware store and I don’t know what to search for online.

This is on both the top and bottom of the door and I need to replace both.

What kind of weather stripping am I looking for?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


It's odd to have that on top. On the bottom it would be a "sweep", and they're usually proprietary, so hardware store replacements may not work right. You have to have the right rib configuration, height, etc. or they'll either leave a gap or drag too hard or fall off.

Try to get replacements from the manufacturer, or consider forgoing the top one and installing jamb seals instead.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.