We purchased a home with composite decking. Some of it needs to be replaced. I've gone through the big box stores and dug around online, but can't figure out what it is we have. Hoping some wisdom here can help us narrow it down.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Looks like Timber Tech.
    – HoneyDo
    Commented Sep 6, 2023 at 22:31
  • Thanks @HoneyDo, that's a pretty solid suggestion. I'm looking at their site and it does look like it could be it
    – JOEinTN
    Commented Sep 6, 2023 at 22:37
  • If it does not pan out, try the local deck builders. The deck might not have been done DIY.
    – crip659
    Commented Sep 6, 2023 at 22:43
  • Isn't that stuff supposed to last like forever? What's wrong that it needs some replacement?
    – JACK
    Commented Sep 6, 2023 at 23:59

1 Answer 1


I installed Timber Tech on my deck so I'm pretty familiar with it. The grooves on the side are for their Concealoc fasteners that hold the decking onto the joists without screws through the decking.

  • Timbertech offers free samples, so I picked a couple that seem like a good shot at what we have. Thanks for the info on the fasteners as well, @HoneyDo. They did use them for the deck, but we'll need some for the work that we need to do, so that's really helpful.
    – JOEinTN
    Commented Sep 6, 2023 at 22:51
  • The veranda line from HD is very similar and there are now "universal clips" for grooved deck boards - trex has a line of them. Commented Sep 7, 2023 at 3:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.