I have a pull-chain lamp that is in need of repair (the pull-chain doesn't always turn the lamp on)

Would I able to swap this out with a turn-knob?

I have seen some youtube videos, but they all mostly describe replacing the socket/switch with the same type.

  • Please clarify your specific problem or provide additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it's hard to tell exactly what you're asking.
    – Community Bot
    Sep 5, 2023 at 8:23

1 Answer 1


A photo would help.

If you mean the pull-chain switch is part of the socket, then yes, you can easily replace that with a socket that has a twist switch.

If the switch is mounted separately, then it's probably still easy to do but would require more disassembly/reassembly.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.