I've recently started having electrical issues whenever the compressor for my central air conditioning is running: lights flicker all throughout the house, the UPS for the computer triggers, and something in the main breaker panel buzzes/hums for a second or two when the compressor first turns on. I measured the voltage at a wall outlet at 97 volts, when it should be closer to 120. I have 200 amp service btw. I'm thinking either the compressor is malfunctioning and drawing way too much current, something is wrong with my house wiring, or there's just too much collective power draw in my neighborhood for the infrastructure to handle. It is hot here, and probably most houses are running A/C all at the same time, although I didn't have this problem last summer when it was hot. I'd appreciate any insight into what could be happening before I start calling an electrician.
Edit: Voltage at the wall outlet when the compressor is off is 114 V. I will try to measure the other leg today as well.