I have recently purchased a flat which around three years old. The house is on 11th floor and has vertical cracks on balcony walls. Some of them are across the wall. Here are some pictures

Wall crack pictures

I am more worried about the one in the picture below. This appears to be across the wall.

enter image description here

Question is is it a safety issue? And what is the best way to repair this.

  • Is the building assembled from pre-fabricated enforced concrete parts?
    – sharptooth
    Commented May 21, 2013 at 11:39

1 Answer 1


It is not possible to know if these cracks are structural or cosmetic, without knowing many construction and assembly details (such as the use of pre-stressed, reinforced panels).

This is would be in the domain of a structural engineer.

If cosmetic, an elastomeric, exterior grade concrete crack filler would be advisable. Sika products come to mind

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.