I would like to seal the outside of my home from the elements and rain, where the concrete meets the side of my home (painted wood?)

Home Side Home Side

Wide Angle Home Wide

I bought a tube of Dap Dynaflex Ultra, which reads that it stays flexible, all weather protection, UV, and 100% waterproof.

Is the Dynaflex ultra a good product to use or is there a product more suited for the job?

  • It depends. Does water pool up? Will it pool up more? Maybe the gap, although narrow, is for drainage Commented Aug 29, 2023 at 6:15
  • 2
    IMHO, the "right product" is a jackhammer to remove concrete that was poured in an inappropriate location, or else a house-jacking company to jack the wood parts of the house up so you can extend the concrete foundation wall (assumed) upwards beyond this concrete slab. Whatever you do other than those, this will rot out your walls. If your area has termites, they'll do additional damage.
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented Aug 29, 2023 at 13:10

1 Answer 1


The caulk you purchased can certainly be used for the sealing you need.

I would use a polyurethane caulk like Vulkem.

The 2 caulks are both suitable. They both have pros and cons.

The differences are the dynaflex allows water clean up and the surfaces have to be very clean for it to adhere.

The vulkem needs mineral spirits for clean up, but sticks to everything! Just remove any loose material and apply.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.