the front of the cabinet is broken. Looks like there is a rubbery-plastic piece at the back which is meant to hold the screws at the back of the cabinet face in place.

What is this piece called?

enter image description here

Can I fix this ?

Is there a better way to put this back together ?

enter image description here

Here is how the screws are placed into the back of the cabinet-face enter image description here

  • There are many false drawer clips available. Probably the easiest is this type: quikdrawers.com/economy-false-drawer-front-clip You just rotate them diagonally so that they'll fit through the opening, then reach up and rotate them vertical so that the clips grab the cabinet frame.
    – Huesmann
    Aug 26, 2023 at 17:39

1 Answer 1


Yes, you can fix this.

Reinstall with a couple new L brackets. Perhaps one at each corner.

I would pre-drill the holes to prevent cracking and splitting and reattach, should be fairly simple.

First, attach them to the face frame of the cabinet and then to the back of the false front. You might have someone give you a hand holding it in place if needed.

Any hardware store should have these and some even come with the required screws. You'll want some 1/2" L brackets.

L bracket

  • Complete noob here. L brackets go in the corner of the plank or the opening ?
    – Dhruv
    Aug 26, 2023 at 15:41
  • Like this one ? lowes.com/pd/…
    – Dhruv
    Aug 26, 2023 at 15:43
  • They would attach the false front to the face frame of the cabinet. You'll want a 1/2" L bracket. Lowes, Home Depot or even Ace Hardware should carry them. Any hardware store really.
    – matt.
    Aug 26, 2023 at 15:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.