Here is the picture. There are multiple wheels in one place. I need something that has three wheels to spread the weight so there is less pressure on the ground.

enter image description here

What is name of this type of furniture wheels?

  • I remember seeing/using something similar way back,but they more furniture movers(temporary), than furniture wheels and they where attached to the back/front also.
    – crip659
    Aug 20, 2023 at 19:07
  • I just need to know what this type of thing is called so I can search for it on the internet. Just using "furniture wheels" does not help.
    – quantum231
    Aug 20, 2023 at 20:09

1 Answer 1


It is a six wheel caster.


enter image description here

image from indiamart.com

  • The right words in a search helps.
    – crip659
    Aug 20, 2023 at 19:33
  • So these are called casters rather than wheels?
    – quantum231
    Aug 20, 2023 at 20:10
  • en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster
    – jsotola
    Aug 20, 2023 at 20:14
  • 3
    "Casters" are more commonly used when there is an offset vertical axis around which they can pivot. Another possibility, depending on the precise use and whether they're to be mounted permanently, is "moving skate". Aug 21, 2023 at 5:08
  • Interesting that virtually all the relevant hits are India-related. Perhaps there's something unique about Indian furniture vs. Indian floors (and maybe a need to move said furniture easily). Aug 21, 2023 at 14:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.