I just spotted a crack in between two wall tiles in my bathroom.
Here is a closer look:
At the crack, the tile on the left is about 1 millimeter above the right tile (i.e. they are no longer aligned).
The space between the tiles is about 1-2 millimeters.
The tiles are 60 by 30 centimeters (23.6 x 11.8 inches).
If I tap them with my knuckles, they sound hollow. Not sure if that says much because all tiles in the bathroom sound hollow. But a crack appeared in just one place.
Tiles were mounted 7-8 years ago. I don't know when the crack first appeared, I just recently noticed it.
So my questions are:
- are these things coming apart and can I expect them to fall off the wall at some point?
- should I just remove them instead of waiting for them to fall?
- how can I remove them without breaking them. I would like to reuse them when mounting back tile (I can't find sellers for this product, it might have been discontinued by the manufacturer; so, I can't just hammer at them).
- if I start pulling on them, can the whole wall fall over, not just these tiles?
- any way to mend the issue without removing the tiles?
- am I overthinking this?
Before calling in any workers I would like to assess the situation myself.
I would appreciate any help.