Does anyone know what type of pin this is? Pictures shows pin alone and pin in use for attaching a bucket to a loader adapter. It has a hole for a cotter pin. Pin alone

Pin holding bucket on.

2 Answers 2


Found the part in the parts manual for an allied 595 loader. Its a pin weldment or a Allied Bucket Quick Attach Pin.


It is a hitch pin with a homemade handle. At least I think the handle is homemade.

They are used to attach trailers/wagons, machinery to farm tractors. They are also used to connect loaders/buckets to the tractors.

  • 1
    Considering this might get dragged through mud, it looks carefully designed so the cotter pin is in a well protected location, compared to a regular hitch pin. But this specific pin does look like a homemade replacement for the original.
    – Olivier
    Aug 17, 2023 at 15:42
  • Thanks @crip659 the top picture does look like a homemade one, however since the bottom picture shows the handle being used to keep the pin in position I figured it was a type of pin that had a name other than just a hitch pin. I ask because I need to buy another one.
    – Kyle
    Aug 17, 2023 at 17:39
  • @Kyle If you have a local tractor supply or dealer they might have a specific name, maybe a locking hitch pin.
    – crip659
    Aug 17, 2023 at 17:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.