I have about 400 sq ft of 2'x2'x7/8" Barricade Subfloor Air Plus in my basement. After some recent water damage, I had to tear out approx. 15 panels (60 sq ft). I tried to buy the same product but it seems they only make it in 3/4" now. How can I replace the missing panels without having to replace the entire subfloor with 3/4"?

  • 1
    Are they tongue and groove? I'd say that you could just make up the 1/8" difference with some kind of material, but having to center a tongue or even expect it to fit in the existing groove, thats another thing. What finished floor is going on top of it?
    – JPhi1618
    Commented Aug 11, 2023 at 19:56
  • @JPhi1618 Good point about the tongue and groove not fitting in right. If not that it would be simple.
    – crip659
    Commented Aug 11, 2023 at 21:10
  • They are tongue and groove. We are planning on putting LVT on top. Commented Aug 12, 2023 at 13:14

1 Answer 1


The manufacturer responded with the following:

The dimensions of our panels changed, over 5 years ago now. They were at one time manufactured using a 5/8” OSB, resulting in a 7/8” thick panel. Once the 5/8” OSB was no longer available to us by our suppliers, we switched to the “tried and true” 15/32” OSB used on our DRICORE R+ Insulated panels resulting in a ¾” thick panel. The 7/8” panels are no longer available.

To install old and new together, simply lift the new thinner profile subfloor slightly to align the tongue and groove, then tap in to place. Place DRICORE shims on gaps between the subfloor and your concrete floor when those gaps are less than ¼”, including the point where the new thinner profile DRICORE meets up with the pre-existing product. There will be a small lip, which you can sand down where the seams meet. Note: this method will result in a slight slope.

Alternatively, you can cut the tongues off the new thinner panel, butt them up tight against the old panels and anchor them into place using concrete screws. We recommend flat head 1-3/4 x ¼” Concrete screws (IE Tapcon) and a 4-1/2 x 3/16” Drill bit to bore the holes. Once the panel is in place, you can cover with a plywood (Which is required for your application regardless), thickness determined by panel height difference.

Thank you for choosing DRICORE Products. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance.

  • 1
    Nice! Congrats on actually contacting the manufacturer, and thanks for reporting back.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Nov 9, 2023 at 18:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.