I'm in the process of replacing a toilet in the condo I just bought. I have some criteria I need to meet:
- Round (I have a really small bathroom)
- 2 pieces
- lined reservoir*
- 200 - 250 CAD$ (can be more depending of the answer I am looking for)
I have been told that having a lined reservoir is important since I live in Canada. During the cold winters, the water coming in the reservoir can be very cold and make the porcelain crack if the reservoir isn't lined. I wonder if it is really an issue? The only advantages that I can see searching online for the lined reservoir is to remove the condensation. I live in the third floor, so the cold water coming from outside has the time to get a bit warmer in the pipe before going in the tank when I flush.
In the toilets I have been shopping for, I have found two models that fit most of my criteria, but they do not have a lined reservoir:
- American Standard Edgemere = https://www.renodepot.com/fr/toilette-blanche-16-5-po-avec-surface-everclean-edgemere-par-american-standard-4-8-l-chasse-765ba107020-00535158 (220$ on sale)
- Kohler Highline = https://www.renodepot.com/fr/toilette-blanche-2-pieces-arrondie-highline-de-kohler-4-8-l-chasse-30369-0-31535022 (Was on sale at 249$)
But if I want a lined one, the price goes higher:
- https://www.renodepot.com/fr/toilette-ronde-blanche-2-pieces-champion-par-american-standard-4-8-l-3186528st020-00535157 (318$)
Visually and with the criteria, the American Standard Champion seem perfect, but 320$ is a bit high for me. Also, the review of the American Standard are not very nice so far.
Does anyone have knowledge about real advantages/disadvantages of a lined tank?