Can anyone identify this? My best guess was some kind of tool for opening drain clean outs maybe?

The inside says “C.A. Inc.” and “D” which I am guessing is a size. enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


It is an oil filter wrench.

For removing an oil filter from an engine.

It allows the mechanic to use a standard socket wrench to turn the filter.

  • 1
    Yes! I knew it looked familiar. I changed my own oil maybe 3 times about 20 years ago before deciding it was too big of a pain for me.
    – bubbleking
    Jul 30, 2023 at 23:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.