My rental property has a void in the CMU/slab foundation that is leading to a water intrusion issue. I need advice on how to effectively force hydaraulic cement into a small hole to fill the voids. I was thinking some sort of large syringe type device, but can't find anything that could be used for this application.

  • Pictures? How big is the hole/void?
    – matt.
    Jul 23, 2023 at 22:05
  • Hydraulic cement usually holds better if the hole/crack is bigger on the inside, a reverse V. If the hole is bigger inside, maybe a pasty/piping/frosting bag might work.
    – crip659
    Jul 23, 2023 at 22:12

1 Answer 1


Large syringe? try a mechanic's syringe. eg: aliexpress.com/item/1005005682864385.html cement/grout is probably going to ruin the inside surface

If you need higher pressure (or want ot save money) spoon cement/grout into an empty caulk tube (use a metal rod to force the piston out the back) and use a caulk gun to pressurise it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.