Where can I find a plastic 2cm thick? I have a shoe/storage cabinet and I need to replace a broken part myself, from a plastic, using a file. A completed set of replacement parts is too expensive. enter image description here

  • Since those pieces are round, buy plastic rod stock (big box store or your favorite Grainger/McMaster/... dealer.
    – Jon Custer
    Commented Jul 14, 2023 at 18:30
  • Or shape it from a wooden dowel, which likely would be stronger than the plastic. Commented Jul 14, 2023 at 19:29
  • 2
    Or if you have 2 identical pieces and one is still intact, use the good one to make a plaster mold, then cast a new one (or 10) in the mold from acrylic or epoxy. Take your question to crafts.stackexchange.com for help with that.
    – MTA
    Commented Jul 14, 2023 at 19:34
  • 2
    You can also likely 3d print them - I don't think there would be very extreme forces on shoe-cabinet case... There is a good chance you know someone with such printer and such folks often like to experiment with printing things. May want to check on 3dprinting.stackexchange.com first if that route is likely to succeed. Commented Jul 14, 2023 at 20:20


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.