I attached a photo of the old valve in one of my rentals. I have bought several handle replacements but none of them match. I thought it was pressure balancing, but apparently it's not or it's an older type.

Does anyone know what this is and how I can find a black trim replacement for it?

enter image description here

  • if you clean it you might see the lebel
    – Traveler
    Commented Jul 10, 2023 at 2:09
  • "how I can find a black trim replacement" is a shopping question and those are explicitly off-topic here. Please edit to remove that part (as you'd find it the same way you'd find a pair of black shoes or a black t-shirt - by going shopping).
    – FreeMan
    Commented Jul 10, 2023 at 16:35

1 Answer 1


That looks like a very old MOEN piece. The ball can be removed by using the 2 cut out flats to turn the ring counterclockwise.

You can find a replacement ball with new seals and springs in a kit. ( The seals and springs are found inside when you remove the ball) That repair kit can then be matched to a trim kit that works with it.

Probably better results will be had at a plumbing supply rather than a big box. You will have to do shopping on your own.

  • Thank you! I think I found it, it's like the 600 series Delta. Commented Jul 10, 2023 at 17:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.