The former owner left these in our garage. I am now cleaning up the garage and I found them again Not sure what they are

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 3
    I'm thinking cubicle connectors, but it really doesn't matter if all you have it the brackets - they are (now, at least) right angle brackets for whatever use you have for them - feel free to drill more holes as needed.
    – Ecnerwal
    Jul 9, 2023 at 23:58
  • For hanging a dryer on the wall. Jul 12, 2023 at 8:22
  • don't know about that the former owner had the dryer on the floor. He was an auto mechanic by trade ...maybe that gives you guys a clue
    – MiniMe
    Jul 12, 2023 at 13:44

1 Answer 1


Think they can be general purpose use, not just for shelving, but anything that needs a right angle bracket.

The slotted holes might made for something that needed/used adjustment, so probably not made for shelving as primary use.

  • 1
    Maybe a stair tread cleat/bracket?
    – SteveSh
    Jul 9, 2023 at 23:46
  • the second picture shows that on that side (bottom) there is some soft sponge or something meant to absorb shocks and vibrations or to protect the surface it gets in touch with when screwed in position
    – MiniMe
    Jul 10, 2023 at 1:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.