I know this is a common problem and there are many posts on this, but I can’t get a resolution. Please help.
- fridge in garage plugged into gfci. Trips occasionally (no pattern - can be daily, weekly or even months in between). Happening more lately (summer time).
- on its own 20a, dedicated, new and functioning gfci. Seems to happen less when on a shared 15a gfci (which screws up timers and equipment on the shared outlet).
- gfci is new and functioning. Happens no matter where in garage plug in.
- I do NOT want to bypass code and plug into non-gfci (don’t even have any in garage). There is an issue I would like to address, rather than bypass.
- Used a snubber - didn’t help.
- 10 yr old fridge.
- Cleaned coils.
- Manual does not indicate to use non-gfci.
- Ice maker not in use.
- Checked wiring - didn’t seem to be any shorts, damage, fray or loose connections.
- Outlet and plug elevated and away from moisture.
- Nothing coming up on error codes.
- I do not know how to troubleshoot a vaulter defrost circuit….
- Not sure if there is ‘excessive’ moisture. Some water below the coils in the pan.
- fridge was pretty boxed in on sides and pushed back to the wall.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I troubleshot most major culprits with this problem.