I had to purchase a new refrigerator, but of course the water inlet connection for the ice maker is on the opposite side and the 1/4" stainless steel braided compression line does not reach. The 10ft line is still like new, but buried behind my cabinets so replacing it with a longer line is not a practical option for me. I was wondering if there is a line like the one I have pictured below, but with 1 male end or if there is a fitting I can buy to join two lines like that together. I haven't had much luck in my searching. Thanks in advance

enter image description here

  • It's a violation of plumbing codes to use any such flexible connector hose in non-accessible spaces.
    – kreemoweet
    Jun 13, 2023 at 20:19
  • 1
    Is the area behind a refrigerator considered inaccessible? I doubt it.
    – isherwood
    Jun 14, 2023 at 14:20
  • @kreemoweet as long as the fridge can be moved, it's not an inaccessible space. Not like burying it inside a wall or something.
    – Huesmann
    Jun 14, 2023 at 15:39
  • The water line is not completely inaccessible. I would just prefer not to. Its that I would have to empty out some cabinets, take drawers out and pull out the dishwasher. Just a PITA.
    – user168242
    Jun 14, 2023 at 17:09

1 Answer 1


You should be able to get a fitting like this (example):

1/4" M-M straight adapter

Be sure to test fit at the store to make sure you have the correct thread profile. The BigBox store staff should probably be able to help you, but don't trust them 100%. Always try it before you buy it.

  • Thank you, that looks like what I need
    – user168242
    Jun 14, 2023 at 17:10
  • Accepting the answer is all the thanks I need.... Hope it works out for you.
    – gnicko
    Jun 15, 2023 at 18:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.