I have recently set up wire rope to support my installation of retractable sail shades.
My setup is as follows:
- I connected 2 ropes in parallel that run from the back of my house to fence posts. They are approximately 8m apart and are not tensioned.
- Onto each rope I connected 3 rope grips and 3 steel rings approximately 1m apart
- I then hook 3 ropes approx 7.5ish metres in parallel to the rings on the first 2 ropes.
- A turnbuckle is on each of the 3 ropes which is then tightened up to bring the whole system into tension
- I then attach 2 sail shades approx 3x5m using snap hooks
- I then further tension the 3 ropes
I am finding that after a few days/a week the tension on the wire ropes reduces and everything begins to sag.
I have taken off the shade sales reduced the length of the 3 ropes, re-tensioned the rope again and re-hung the shade sails. However, this does not solve the issue for very long.
Can anyone suggest a way to stop this set up losing tension?