I don’t know what these connectors are called but when I connect my compressor to the spray head via the male connector it doesn’t seem like a solid connection and leaks air. Is there something else I should use? air sprayer connector

compressor connection

  • 1
    If that's a finish (paint, lacquer, ...) sprayer then you may want a coalescing filter and other bits'n'bobs to keep compressor oil and other contaminants out of the finish.
    – HABO
    Jun 4 at 22:57

2 Answers 2


The top one is a hose barb. You slip a hose with a hose clamp onto it and tighten the clamp.

The bottom one is a female half quick connect/push-in connect. You need the matching male half.

There are a few different designs and I do not think all of them work together/mix match together.

  • Thanks for the help here, I bought the right part and everything works great now!
    – devshorts
    Jun 12 at 23:39

You need both the male and female fittings to be matched. The best bet is to buy them in a set. Male and female set is here

Some stores have a color coded tape on the fittings. Buy a male and female fitting with the same color and they will work together.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.