I've been trying to find a plastic part for my front door frame. I've attached the pic for you guys to help me understand what that part is actually called. The bottom screw part is broken but it was the same as the top one. I took that part out from the back of the deadbolt striker plate. My door frame is metal type and that plastic part with 2 screwed ready holes help the striker plate to get fastened onto it. Any help would be really appreciated. enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    Do not know the name, but it seems something is out of adjustment from all the wear on the bottom section.
    – crip659
    Commented Jun 4, 2023 at 18:44
  • That looks to be from a storm door, not a security door--correct?
    – Huesmann
    Commented Jun 4, 2023 at 18:55
  • @Huesmann No it is for the main front door that has both keyed knob and the deadbolt Commented Jun 4, 2023 at 19:11
  • @user3695645 is it plastic?
    – Huesmann
    Commented Jun 5, 2023 at 0:00
  • Yes the piece itself is plastic Commented Jun 6, 2023 at 1:12

1 Answer 1


I finally figured out the name, its called strike plate retainer or strike boss depending upon which brand's astragal has been installed on your double door. The Endura brand uses the former one and Therma tru brand goes with the latter.

  • This site does not run like forum. Please edit your question to add more information. Commented Jun 6, 2023 at 8:52
  • 1
    @RohitGupta Since, I've already answered my question so there shouldn't be any confusion. Commented Jun 6, 2023 at 9:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.