I need some clips that fit on the ends of rods that look like: clips

Do they have a more common name than 'omega clips'? I can't find much if I search for that name.

  • 1
    They are a bit odd, so not surprising you find limited results. C or E clips are far more common in my experience for this job, particularly if the rod has a groove in it. Or cotter pins that involve a hole though the rod.
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented Jun 1, 2023 at 12:16
  • spring clip ... mscdirect.com/industrialtools/spring-clip.html
    – Mazura
    Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 0:38
  • It's kinda like an E clip but they're made from pressed sheet metal, not wire. So that's not correct.
    – Criggie
    Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 12:00

2 Answers 2


Omega clips is pretty much what they are called and googling it came up with this. https://www.bresco.com/acatalog/Omega-Clips.html

enter image description here


Ultimately, they are Cotter pins in the US. A true cotter pin is straight, though, so they are often put in the subset of Hairpin Cotter pins or just Hairpin.

I see that Home Depot also calls them Hitch pins.

  • (zinc-plated) spring steel hairpin clip
    – Mazura
    Commented Jun 2, 2023 at 0:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.