Rainwater drains from an acre uphill from us into an underground system that has been in place for 50 years. It works fine, except that the 16-inch round metal cover for the drain has rusted through. What is the name of this round piece, almost like a city sewer cover, but smaller and thinner? Without the right name, it's hard to find a replacement. Any suggestions on what it might be called?

  • A picture is always helpful. – Tester101 Apr 18 '13 at 11:05
  • 2
    I would say "I need a 16" round outdoor iron drain cover." – Chris Cudmore Apr 18 '13 at 12:52

Sump cover. Technically what you have is a Rainwater Collection Cistern, so Cistern cover, Cistern access cover or Cistern hatch cover all would apply.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.