My old Price Pfister shower faucet is leaking, so I removed the handle to see what kind of stems they use.

I haven't seen this kind of stems anywhere. Does anyone know what part they are?

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    you will most likely need to remove the stem and take it to your local hardware store to be matched up. Or it may just need a new washer, that can be replaced.
    – RMDman
    Mar 31, 2023 at 14:58
  • IMHO, that is a very old faucet. I've had PP faucets for 30 years in our house and have never seen one with script labeling on the handle like that. I'd guess it's probably from the 50s or 60s. Also, if you'll take the tour and a browse through what's on-topic, you'll notice that asking for pricing/shopping recommendations is not on-topic, so I've removed that part of your question.
    – FreeMan
    Mar 31, 2023 at 16:50
  • Generally a local hardware store will have a booklet that can be used to match the valve as RMDman says. They make extended sockets that fit over the hex end on the valve - called a "shower valve wrench".
    – Jesse M
    Mar 31, 2023 at 20:29

1 Answer 1


Price Pfister has many valve stems on the market and it would be near impossible to find the exact replacement for your shower with just the pictures you've provided. You're probaby looking for something that resembles the valve stem shown below from Lowes. enter image description here

You'll need to turn off the water to the shower and remove the stem by turning that nut counterclockwise. Take the stem to your home store or a plumbing supply store and they will be able to match it. If you just need a washer or "o" ring, they'll be able to fix you up.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.