I have a frameless shower door that has a gap strip coming off. It's a clear strip which probably came with an adhesive backing. The strip is 1/4 wide by 1/8. Can anyone help me identify this part so I can purchase it? I'm not sure if this a silicone tape. If so I can't find 1/4 which is about 6mm.

enter image description here

  • A profile shot would be helpful.
    – JACK
    Mar 17, 2023 at 16:30
  • It seems to be a variant of "Shower Door Translucent Silicone Bulb Seal" or similar Apr 16, 2023 at 18:07

3 Answers 3


It will be near impossible to identify it from the picture you provided. Your best bet would be to get some rubber contact cement or epoxy and apply it to both surfaces, following directions, after thoroughly cleaning both surfaces. The contact cement will set immediately whereas the expoy should be taped untill it's hardened.

You could also snip a piece off the bottom and go hunting on the internet or around local home or plumbing fixture stores for a replacement.


You couldtry browsing the CR Laurence website. (Link attached) Shower door and glass companies would be a good place to get the parts. They are typically applied with VHB tape.


New contributor
Mike is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.
  • As it’s currently written, your answer is unclear. Please edit to add additional details that will help others understand how this addresses the question asked. You can find more information on how to write good answers in the help center.
    – Community Bot
    21 hours ago


Just match up the profile and measurements. You should find what you need.

  • 3
    While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. - From Review Nov 1, 2023 at 10:16
  • Not sure how this hasn't been deleted yet as a link-only answer...
    – FreeMan
    Dec 1, 2023 at 13:33

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.