I need to get a replacement handle for one of the sinks in the bathroom which has a broken handle. Handle is acrylic and has a square stem. I can't seem to find the name of the brand anywhere on the faucet-either the back or the front or on the pipes. It seems like an 80s faucet but I may be wrong. I don't wish to replace the entire faucet if it can be avoided. Incase this kind of handle is no longer available, would a spigot wheel fit? I do not care how it looks, just need a functional faucet.

Any help/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • Look under the spout (with a mirror or cell phone camera) - I'd guess Delta, but the picture with the handle on is a bit small to show detail.
    – Ecnerwal
    Mar 10, 2023 at 0:08
  • Thanks Ecnerwal. I looked under the spout as you suggested but there is no brand name. I couldn't find it anywhere on the faucet or under the sink.
    – Pam G
    Mar 10, 2023 at 13:50

1 Answer 1


I can't tell for sure but it looks like an old Delta or Kohler. However, if you remove that acrylic knob and take it into your local plumbing or home store I think there's a good chance you'll find a replacement.
You can also try calling the Kohler or Delta customer service line. They are very good at identifying their discontinued products by looking at a picture. Simply send the ones you posted here.

  • yeah, plumbing store is definately the right answer here,or a building recycler if you want an exact match.
    – Jasen
    Mar 10, 2023 at 3:36
  • Thanks so much HoneyDo and Jasen! I have written to Delta and could not get the details on Kohler portal. I will also stop by the plumbing store to see if I can get one.
    – Pam G
    Mar 10, 2023 at 13:48
  • Yeah, if you don't care about looks, any knob that fits will do just fine.
    – FreeMan
    Mar 10, 2023 at 14:59
  • @Pam G - You can call Kohler CS at 1 800 456-4537 or go to their website and click on "Identify My Product".
    – HoneyDo
    Mar 10, 2023 at 16:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.