I am trying to replace the shower trim kit, and am having trouble identifying this shower valve cartridge. What kind of cartridge is this?




1 Answer 1


This is a Delta ball valve faucet. The ball in question is Delta 212 ball. The deck plate has a patent number 3056418. The whole trim kit can also be found under "Delta 600 Series" name.

My original intent was to replace the assembly (it was leaking a bit) and replace clear knob handle with a lever handle. The orignal 212 ball is not compatible with Delta's lever handles, but there is a RP20111 conversion ball with a compatible RP17443 lever handle.

All assembly parts:

  • RP17443 shower handle
  • RP5883 deck plate
  • RP196 deck plate screws
  • RP1050 cap
  • RP5893 sleeve
  • RP20111 conversion ball
  • RP4993 seats & springs
  • RP188 cam and packing.

(Steve Wellens's comment under the question showed me the right direction: How to Identify a Faucet Brand.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.