I found this in a tool box when I was cleaning out my dad's garage. Does anyone know what it is and it's used for? It says kirsch in the inside. I don't know if there all exactly the same size but I couldn't find another pic of it online.

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


Kirsch makes drapery hardware. That looks like a shower curtain ring with a bunch of drapery rod slides collected on it.

  • You can get some more here! :-D ebay.co.uk/itm/… - Well, they're very similar. Commented Feb 27, 2023 at 15:59
  • 3
    Knew the slides looked familiar, couldn't remember where I'd seen them.. If something in a toolbox doesn't make sense as a tool, it's probably spare parts.
    – keshlam
    Commented Feb 27, 2023 at 16:29
  • I thought they were button-sized 1-Wire RFID keys at first, those used to be popular on gates of recreation parcs around here, but couldn't imagine how you'd collect so many of them.
    – Mast
    Commented Feb 27, 2023 at 18:15
  • Definitely shower-curtain attachments. :) Commented Feb 27, 2023 at 23:15
  • @chasly-supportsMonica - I don't quite see the similarity. From your images: "Front" side, "Back" side yours is of a spring loaded clip, OP's image has no spring. Also, OP's image has a "button" attachment piece allowing it to slide along a track, yours does not. Commented Feb 28, 2023 at 20:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.