I'm looking to install a water filter under my kitchen sink for the cold water line, but I ran into a fitting I've never seen before. I can't find pictures of anything similar when searching online. The water filter's line won't connect with this fitting, so I'm searching for a specific adapter or converter.

What is the name of this type of hose end?

mystery hose end

And this type of quick connector that hose fits into?

mystery connector

  • 1
    I have only seen these for suppply to the fridge Commented Feb 25, 2023 at 19:14
  • 6
    This looks like some proprietary fitting. Can you give us more context? What's at the opposite ends of the two hoses pictured?
    – Greg Hill
    Commented Feb 25, 2023 at 19:15
  • @GregHill The other end of the first hose is attached to the cold water valve. The opposite end of the hose with the quick connector goes to a pull-out style faucet head. Commented Feb 25, 2023 at 21:20
  • @Armand While that piece is different from mine, I do believe the top answer there still relates to my question! It is a pull-out style faucet head and you can make out "MOEN" on the connector in my second pic. Commented Feb 25, 2023 at 21:24

2 Answers 2


This is, in fact, a proprietary hose and quick connector made by MOEN. You can make out the brand name in the second photo from the question.

Here's the same connector construction in diverter form:

MOEN quick-connect diverter

Searching online for "MOEN pull out faucet hose" or "MOEN quick connector" will produce results for the same type of hoses and connectors.

Kudos to @GregHill for identifying it as proprietary and @Armand for finding a similar question where the top answer mentions MOEN pull-out faucets specifically.


Yes, as @GregHill suggests, those are proprietary fittings used by the faucet manufacturer to simplify user installation of the faucet (connecting faucet sprayer/spigot to output of faucet control). That fitting connection should be downstream of the faucet control; your filter should be installed upstream of the faucet's cold water supply connection, perhaps at the shutoff.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.