Here is the gas line kit I bought for my dryer.

Below is my gas line from the wall. Additional photos include the OD of the threads and ID of the cap

Shutoff valve at wall OD valve ID valve cap

I would like to use the "½-inch MIP auto shut-off valve" pictured below.

Shut Off Valve1 Shut Off valve ID Shut Off valve no internal threading

What adapter or fitting do I need to go from the flanged outlet at the wall to the "½-inch MIP auto shut-off valve" from the install kit?

  • Please clarify your specific problem or provide additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it's hard to tell exactly what you're asking.
    – Community Bot
    Feb 14 at 5:51
  • Some photos might help Feb 14 at 6:06
  • @RohitGupta Photos have been added.
    – Erik
    Feb 14 at 14:00

1 Answer 1


The answer ended up being to visit a home depot in person to get the correct sized kit. The one with the correct size wasn't on their website which is how I originally bought the item

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.