Can anyone help me in identifying this odd thing. It seems to be some sort of attaching or tensioning "screw" I have searched the internet as much as i can and now i'm out of ideas as to what it is.

  • The plastic handle or tightening tool is 14cm long and slides over the black portion to loosen or tighten.

  • The plastic screw is 5cm long and the metal T-bar is 2cm and firmly embedded into the end of the screw.

  • The thread width is 1.5cm with a 3mm pitch.

  • The black "nut" is 3.7cm diameter at the base and 2.2cm tall.

Thanks in advance.

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


This is a tile leveling kit similar to: this one enter image description here

  • Many thanks. I actually searched for tiling tools but never saw this.
    – Ky Balion
    Feb 3, 2023 at 13:46
  • 1
    I'd be most interested in seeing how this is to be used. Especially since there are 50 in the pack you linked and they claim they are reusable. Not doubting you, I'm doubting them!
    – FreeMan
    Feb 3, 2023 at 15:00
  • 2
    To hazard a guess - slip the T-shaped metal bit in the mortar between tiles, rotate 90 degrees, then tighten to pull two adjacent tiles flush with each other. Hopefully the mortar readjusts to not leave a void… Once set, snap off the metal bit and cover with the grout line.
    – Jon Custer
    Feb 3, 2023 at 16:44
  • @FreeMan Short version: youtube.com/shorts/zdLLc9m5b_s?feature=share Feb 3, 2023 at 17:15
  • @FreeMan Long version: youtu.be/5hfoafbnRTk Feb 3, 2023 at 17:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.