Here is scenario:
- House has cement foundation/slab
- An asphalt mastic was put over foundation/slab as a vapor barrier
- 5/8 inch plywood put over asphalt mastic and nailed into foundation
- Heavy plastic put over plywood
- Hardwood flooring nailed into plywood -- Plywood was completely soaked due to slab leak over a period of time.
We pulled up hardwood flooring (nothing wrong with hardwood floors) and most of the plywood had deteriorated to point of falling apart/mushy.
- How long could this plywood stay wet between the two moisture barriers?
- How long does it typically take for plywood to deteriorate to the point of being mushy?