Context: I am remodeling my kitchen and currently working on wiring under-cabinet lights. In my research, I find that I need:
- a power source, which can on one of the 2 counter receptacles circuits
- a LED Driver power supply 120v to 24v
- 18 AWG cables to run from driver to LED strips or between strips
Problem: I cannot find clear details of where to place the junction box so that it is not apparent from under the cabinet and in the cabinets.
What I understand: If I want the cables in the walls, so that they are not apparent, I will need a junction box when they come out of the wall to the LED strips.
- How to run under-cabinet lights cables (18AWG) in walls so that the junction box is neither apparent under the cabinets, nor in the cabinets?
- Are junction box a must have for low voltage LEDs?