We have a tap (hot/cold) with an ozone injector in the pantry. For people that want to know why - it's the greenest way to kill bugs in the kitchen, especially the bench top.
- I seem to recall that when we first got it, I could smell the ozone
- I can't smell anything now.
- The red led indicates standby.
- Blue led is visible on the tap, when you run it - indicating it's working.
- Similarly, the controller shows a blue led under the working label when the tap is running.
How can I tell that ozone is being produced? Is there some test I can perform?
It is 6 years old and we were the second user of this tap, in New Zealand. The intention is that it injects some ozone into the water. I used to get a tiny whiff if I had a glass of water near my nose. Note that
- It's not for drinking, in the photo you can see the drinking tap on its's left (right of the photo).
- It is for cleaning only.
- It does come with a warning that if you wanted to drink it, then leave it standing for 10 minutes.
It's not more dangerous or safer than chlorine. And chlorine is used everywhere - in the pools and in urban drinking water. We are in a rural area with water from concrete rainwater tanks. When in urban areas, we choke on the tap water - the chlorine is so bad (worldwide)!
Maybe it's us on this side of the world, but our spa pool and swim-spa both came with ozone disinfectants built-in. And I have the same question about their longevity.